Legal Question in Immigration Law in India

My passport was impounded by the immigration officials at the Mumbai International Airport while i was about to travel to Belgium in September 2013. The reason for impounding given was to submit old passport details. I explained to them that i do not have any previous passport. I also traveled earlier several times on the same passport from Hyderabad. The passport was issued to me in Belgium by the Indian Embassy in the year 2012.

The passport was sent to CPV office in New Delhi.

How can I get my passport back? I stay in Hyderabad. Do I need to appoint a lawyer to get the passport back? Is there a lawyer available in Hyderabad to represent my case? Please advise ASAP.

Asked on 11/13/14, 3:01 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rajiv Gupta +91 9811284735 KarVai Legal Solutions

you need to file an appeal before the chief passport officer at new delhi and after that, your lawyer would be afforded personal hearing and then there may be possibility of restoration facility. you need not travel personally and can file an appeal through a lawyer. a lawyer can surely help you.


Adv. Rajiv

Read more
Answered on 11/13/14, 10:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in India