Legal Question in Insurance Law in India

After how many days/months,i can ask for the final/non traceable report from police,from the date of lost of vehicle & what is the maximum time they can take to produce this report , if they (Police) denies to give it than what is the legal procedure to take it easily from them to lodge my claim from insurance company?????

Asked on 10/04/13, 9:01 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Santosh Goswami,Advocate sure shot legal

A week or two is sufficient and if they does not produce give a complaint to higher police officials or move an RTI regarding the status of the case.


Read more
Answered on 10/04/13, 9:59 pm

Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896

There is no time limit fixed for such report, but usually 3 months later the police gives such report U/s 173(2) of the CrPC. If the police does not give such report then a criminal writ petition is maintainable in the High Court u/A 226 of the Constitution of India. To know us better, please click on the links below:


Read more
Answered on 10/07/13, 12:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in India