Legal Question in Intellectual Property in India

My father in law expired before 6 months, having one son and two daughters. He have a house in chennai where four are the dependents including his wife are eligible to stay. Now my father in law son occupied the whole house and not allowing anyone to stay in the house. Presently he is planning to sale the house with some fake document. Now my question is whether can i take legal action in getting stay order on the property and vacate his son from the house and also go for partition in the property. kindly clarify

Asked on 2/10/14, 7:10 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

yes you file a suit for partition and move an application for injunction restraining them from selling /alienating the property.for further clarifications contact 9312411481

Read more
Answered on 2/10/14, 7:52 am
Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

Your brother in law will in all probables be having substantial documentation to justify his possession of the house. Instead of straightaway rushing to initiate court action, you can diplomatically ask your brother in law for copies of documents to confirm their validity whether your father in law has actually transferred all property documents in your brother in law's name when he was alive.


Read more
Answered on 2/10/14, 8:55 am
Rajiv Gupta +91 9811284735 KarVai Legal Solutions

You may file a case for partition and file an application for injunction restraining them from selling the property as he is trying to sell it.

Read more
Answered on 2/10/14, 9:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Intellectual Property questions and answers in India