Legal Question in Intellectual Property in India

i have an ownership flat in santacruz on pagdi system, so i want to know as per law, am i permitted to give my flat on rent, and can my leave n license agreement be registered?

Asked on 9/06/13, 6:53 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

YES. As per law, you are entitled to give your flat for residential purposes on an Agreement for Leave and License (ALL). If the ALL is of 11 months duration, payment of Stamp Duty of Rs. 1,200/- is mandatory, registration is optional. If the duration of the ALL exceeds a year. both Stamp Duty and registration are mandatory.


Read more
Answered on 9/06/13, 8:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Intellectual Property questions and answers in India