Legal Question in Intellectual Property in India

respected sir/ mam

We are two father died 25 years back...after his death our ancestral land and house was divided into three parts mother me and my brother....all d propert was not self acquired by my father it was inherited by my grand the question is ....we were minors when my father died

1. if my mother is living with my brother , can she give her share to my brother

2. Because its my grand fathers property it legal i I can file a case that I have an equal share in that propert

Asked on 4/22/13, 4:34 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir,

It is immaterial whether the property is ancestral or self acquired. If your father had the title to the property transferred in his name from his grandfather, your father becomes the absolute owner of the property. He is free to transfer it to his wife, son, or daughters. If that has not been done during his lifetime, your mother automatically becomes the absolute owner of the property after your father's demise.

1. Your mother can give her share to your brother.

2. No.


Read more
Answered on 4/22/13, 5:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Intellectual Property questions and answers in India