Legal Question in Intellectual Property in India

Sir, i run a grocery shop and built a house nearby a national highway. Now, the government is going to destroy all the shops nearby the national highway claiming that a government land.

Is it human rights violation? What to do?

Asked on 7/16/13, 7:59 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

If the land on which you built a house and run the grocery shop is registered in your name, the concerned road development authority has to either provide you with a suitable alternative accommodation, or compensate you with the prevailing market price of your property. If the property is not registered in your name, you will have to look for an alternative option at the earliest.



Read more
Answered on 7/16/13, 10:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Intellectual Property questions and answers in India