Legal Question in Intellectual Property in India

Sir, i am a 16 yr old girl my grandparents have kicked out my parents from his property and his business and he have sent us a legal notice to leave his house in 30 days cant i and my brother 14 yr old being a minor can ask my grandparents to give us maintanance money every month my mother too do a job...

Asked on 3/06/14, 2:48 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

child you are the responsiblity of your parents and not your grand parents. your father has to support you .

Read more
Answered on 3/06/14, 2:51 am
Rajiv Gupta +91 9811284735 KarVai Legal Solutions

No you cannot ask your grandparents for maintenance as maintaining you and your brother is the responsibility of your parents and in self acquired property your parents have no share it depends upon the will of your grandparents if they want to give any share or not in self acquired property.

Read more
Answered on 3/06/14, 4:16 am
Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Madam,

Both your parents (father and mother) are solely responsible for your upbringing. It is possible that your mother may even have to secure herself a job to supplement your father's monthly income.


Read more
Answered on 3/23/14, 9:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Intellectual Property questions and answers in India