Legal Question in International Law in India


I am a Wedding Consultant Based In India and Serve NRI Clients. In October i organised a Wedding in Goa and my client defaulted payments worth 10,000 GBP. He made the payments via western union and after i took confirmations, charged back all the payments. On checking back in UK, he dissolved his company aswell. I have sent him e mails forging penalty and interest but he has'nt responded. I have a credit card that he had shared with me as guarantee. I can file summons but without any pressure he might refuse to receive them. What should be done in such a scenario to recover my payments.

Asked on 2/04/16, 5:09 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rajiv Gupta +91 9811284735 KarVai Legal Solutions

india and UK are signatory to Hague convention and the summons can be served through Hague office located in India to the Hague office in UK. have you filed a suit for recovery as yet?

Read more
Answered on 2/05/16, 2:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More International Law questions and answers in India