Legal Question in Employment Law in India

I am working in one of reputed education institute in Pune as Asso. Professor in Nursing Faculty. My current Principal was working in this institute and was removed from her services with immediate effect by the head of the institute for reasons unknown to me. During the time she was removed from her services, there was complaint by me against her about the harassment and targeting me for no reasons. Now she has been re-appointed as principal. Since she has join she is been making lot problems to me, which does not allow me to perform effectively. I am in this institute since last 7 years. She has changed my department without reasons. She has fabricated complaints from unknown students against me. Non of the students has accepted that they have made complaint. This was discussed during a work committee, the head of the work committee is under her influence and has not reported the facts, which the students discussed in actual but all general things are reports and action against me is suggested. There are four memos issued to me for random reasons. If I request her to discuss all the problems, she will always give excuses about non availability or other sort of, but keep on generating records and proofs against me. There are handful of employees, to whom she has terrorized and made them shut . No one is ready to talk against her. If i try to talk her, she always talk very aggressively and makes undue remarks, which are against self esteem and very much personal in nature.

She has strong feeling that I am the reasons for which she was removed from services. Now each and every action she makes in a day to day work also is just to harass me and mental torturing. I am fed up with this and my family life is too much disturb because of this. I am too much tense and under pressure, i could not give any quality time to my children because of this.

I have tried to report all these incidents to the president of the institute, as they are in no mood to listen any complaints against her. There are gross irregularities in the institute and she been well experience, she been reappointed to make all those things correct, because of this she always behave in a superlative position and always claim that she is more powerful than everyone else and she can ruin life of others, if she wish. The treatment of her not only to me but to all the staff is very much terrorizing and inhumane.

Now I think I dont have any other option but to find legal remedy for all these problems.

Please guide me what all the remedies available to resolve this problem.

Can I make a complaint in any police station about her harassment and torture?

Can I make complaint to Labour Commissioner?

Can I make a complaint to Charity Commissioner?

If I get proper guidance, I could get the will to fight all such problems and get relief and also help my colleagues to come out of fear and have their self esteem. Being its a nursing probation most of the staff are ladies, who have lots of personal problems also. They do not dare to talk in open in fear of loosing their job, some one strong need to help them.

Asked on 10/24/13, 10:40 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896

At the outset all the affected employees complain to the head of the management who owns the institute, and if the head does not take any action against then all of you refrain from working till any action is initiated against her. Be bold and fight it till the end. this may have a risk of you losing your job. You may drop in a detailed query at [email protected]

To know us better, please click on the links below:


Read more
Answered on 10/24/13, 11:01 pm

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

As long as you are going to remain in this job, the situation is going to continue or may even worsen so you are merely wasting your time in this job. Looking for another better job in the given scenario is advisable and recommended.


Read more
Answered on 10/25/13, 5:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in India