Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in India

Agriculture land details and legal openion

My Agriculture land located in Uthamaseri Village Trichy District. Total 1.60 Acres land, My share is 41 cents in 2 survey no 92/4 18cents and 206/2 23cents .Total 41 cents. My Two younger brothers and my mother sold their share 1.20acres in the year 1978 to one person. In this time our land not Partitioned or Separated. They are sold 3 shares except my share .They are registered with only 1.20Acres without mentioning Four boundaries and other details about the land and also they are not asking my no objection for sale the property. Now I want to know the registration is valid or not. During registration time property not separated or shared Mutually or by court.Also now I am not able to subdivision the property due to four boundries and other details not mentioned about land.Revenue surveyor told not able to survey due to four boundaries not mentioned during 1978. But in the year 1978 ,without four boundaries they joined the openant party name with me in shared patta.Now problem with sub division my share. Also from 1978, my shared Pattadhar occupied and grabbed the full portion including my share 41cents in 2 lands. Now I want to know is there any legal option for claiming compensation from the year 1978 to till now. Now they grabbed full portion, police also telling civil case and not taking action against land grabrer. com Kindly guide me for suitable action I am not able to subdivision for taking position also for sale my property

Asked on 9/18/13, 8:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

It is important that your land is clearly demarcated and identified with correct boundaries in all four directions, without which, your patta will never ever be ascertained and confirmed. The Encumbrance Certificate (EC) of the land also ought to be registered in your name as the pattadar. Without these specific details, in my opinion, it is futile to lodge a compensation claim in the Court.


Read more
Answered on 9/18/13, 8:51 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in India