Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in India

How and when can you give notice to tenant to vacate beforeend og tenancy cotract which is registered under Maharashtra tenancy act?

he also has not paid rent for over 2 years which is in excess of 6 Lacs so far . His tenancy ends on 31st December 2013 .

Asked on 8/29/13, 5:09 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

dear client............

for further query contact me at [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 8/29/13, 6:52 am

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

The landlord-tenant Tenancy Act was abolished way back in 1985 and it has been replaced by the Licensor-Licensee Agreement for Leave and License (ALL) of fixed duration ranging from 11 months to 3 years. If your Agreement provides for a notice period and immediate eviction in the event of default in payment of monthly compensation, you should immediately lodge a Police complaint against the tenant for "illegal trespassing" into your premises.


Read more
Answered on 8/30/13, 11:33 pm

you have to send notice through your advocate and then you may approach the police also.


[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 9/02/13, 10:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in India