Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in India

We have moved in to a flat house in an apartment on August,2012. We have a 11months agreement with the owner.We moved out on June,2013 as our agreement ends.But even after two months owner is not giving back our security deposit. how to proceed in this situation.Please guide us.

Asked on 8/14/13, 6:25 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

You ought to have insisted that the Owner returns back your Security Deposit at the time of your handing over the keys and the possession of the flat back to the Owner. You should question the Owner on what grounds and reasons has he / she withheld the SD, and if no convincing explanations are forthcoming, you should give a final verbal reminder to the Owner to immediately return back your Security Deposit, failing which you should immediately lodge an FIR against the Owner in the local Police Station. Re-post query if the matter is not resolved by the Police within 3 days of your lodging the FIR.


Read more
Answered on 8/14/13, 8:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in India