Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in India

we residing at sadashive peth from last 40 yrs , where we take 2 rooms by rental by my gradfather , now that rooms int name by may grandmother after some yrs we take another 2 rooms in the name of my uncle....from last 10-11 yrs he take new falt in balaji nagar....the landlord is our cousin so he not make any agreement even we not received rent receipts in that case what we have to do....and is their any rights of uncle who have take another 2 actual we are paying rent from last 15-16 yrs and also in ration card their is no name of my uncle or unty...omly my mother and grandmother and my brother name is including ...

Asked on 7/26/13, 12:05 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

It is left to you whether you wish to document and formalize the agreement with your cousin (landlord) and register it, if it is of one year duration or more. Since your uncle has already taken a separate flat at Balaji Nagar on the Pune-Bangalore highway and is living separately with his family there, you can request the landlord to issue the rent receipt of one room in the name of your mother, and the other room in the name of your brother and let the 2 rooms in the name of your grandmother remain as it is with her Will that the rent receipts for the 2 rooms in future, should be made in your name. (Reply No. 505-July, 2013).


Read more
Answered on 7/26/13, 12:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in India