Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in India


I am a owner of a shop. I have given it on rent. According to the registered leave and license agreement between me and my tenant, the Municpalty Tax is to be paid by the tenant. The shop was given to that tenant on leave and license basis for a tenure of 5 years which was renewed recently for next 5 years. The agreement is in force till 2021.

The agreement is a registered leave and license agreement.

Issue :

The tax payment receipt mentions my tenant as a bhogawtadar.

I want to know why is it so?

What can be done to change it ?

And what are the implications?

Asked on 3/24/20, 3:46 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sanjay. K. Dixit, Advocate. Sanjay K Dixit, Advocate @ Karnataka Bar Council Enrolement No: "KAR/898/2007"

As this signify's lease receipt (Bhogydhar), unless look at an original agreement of same, cannot answer to question.

Read more
Answered on 4/03/20, 4:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in India