Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in India

Hello sir,

Thank you for your reply dated 8/26/13 but as per your reply I should register the property on Mother's name but my mother is also Expired and I have the Power of attorney for this house. The house is still registered under the name of 1st owner. Can I still Apply to Metropolitan Magistrate Court for a Succession Certificate ? Kindly advise..

Asked on 8/27/13, 1:57 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

Yes. In fact, since both your parents are deceased, you should apply for the Succession Certificate so that the title of the property is correctly transferred in the name of the legal heir(s).


Read more
Answered on 8/27/13, 6:08 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in India