Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in India

we have small canteen situated about 8 feet from our front gate. we have given that canteen on liscense agreement 2 years back and have renewing the agreement every 3 months.after getting permission from my father he built a milma booth just in front the canteen.we no longer wish to renew the agreement and we want to tear down the booth. but he says that we don't have the right to do that because he has got liscense from the Govt. but he also says that they have threatened to cut his liscense if he doesn't move the to front nearer to the road. kindly advise us on this matter. Thank You.

Asked on 6/10/13, 8:43 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

If the licensee fails to vacate, you can lodge a Police complaint against him for illegal trespassing into your property and simultaneously thereafter file eviction proceedings against the licensee in the Court.


Read more
Answered on 6/11/13, 8:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in India