Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in

the tenancy is in the name of my uncles who have expired longtime back. Even after they had expired the rent receipt used to come in the deceased names. My mother who is the sister used to reside in the house since many years. She is used to pay the rent regularly to the landlord which they were accepting it. But after my mother's death they rose and objection. Please note that my mother was residing them during the death of my uncles. My mother too expired. After her death I was too was paying the rent regularly. Can the tenancy right be transferred in my name. The landlord is creating a problem about it. I would like to know the section under which the said transmission will take place. also some additional ideas to argue.

Asked on 2/01/11, 1:36 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

RAJIV GUPTA (Cell: +91 9811284735) [email protected]

you did not mention your location as the tenancy laws vary from state to state. however, in your case, as the landlord accepted the rent from you as well after the death of mother, you may start depositing the rent in the court if he refuses to accept it. in case he files a petition for eviction, you may come back to the forum with the facts.

Read more
Answered on 2/01/11, 9:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in