Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in India

my tenants have said me to do the interior and after giving him money we did the same

But now after all the repairs are being done, he have filed a complaint in BMC saying i did not give the permission and i was not there in mumbai as well though he lives in the same building

we did not take any thing in writing as we trusted him

But now he did such kind of thing , so what shall i do for the same

please help me for this

Thanks in Advance

Asked on 7/04/13, 2:31 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

As the landlord of the plot of land, you are only responsible for the general upkeep of the building. Only the work of repair and maintenance work undertaken in the area that is common to all the residents like building passages, staircase and terrace is to be equally shared by the landlord with all the tenants residing in the building. Your giving money to the tenants to undertake the major repair work to the building is implied consent to carry out the repair work of the building.


Read more
Answered on 7/04/13, 4:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in India