Transfer of ownership in Pagdi system
My father bought shop & house in Mumbai in year 1965 ,which comes under pagdi system.
My father expired 14 years back, as per law the legal heir (my mother) will be the owner of the house. same she was communicated to the landlord, for reconstruct of house & shop but till date the landlord is demanding huge amount for transfer & reconstruction of the name of the property on my mother name.
till 1965 we have paid the rent by cash to the landlord is giving us receipt for the rent paid.
I just wanted to know
1. how important is the rent receipt to prove the ownership of the house.
2. Is it possible that we will be thrown out of the house since we do not have the proper document where in the property was bought by my father, yes we have maintain all the rent receipt, tell phone bills, electricity bills , ration card, duly paid till date.
3.How difficult it will be to approach court and get the ownership & permission for Reconstruction of the shop & house.
1 Answer from Attorneys
Dear Sir / Madam,
1. With the demise of your father, you should settle the landlord for transfer and issue of the rent receipt in the name of your mother.
2. You can be evicted if and only if the landlord moves proceedings against you in the Court.
3. It can only be done with the landlord's consent in writing.
Related Questions & Answers
Hello sir my dad has sold 1 acre land whn i was 5 0r 6 yr old. nw i am 23. i have 3... Asked 6/21/13, 7:02 am in India Landlord & Tenants
Hello my questions is as follows. my dad had sold 1acre land when i was 5yr old. wht... Asked 6/21/13, 6:38 am in India Landlord & Tenants
Hello I am narahari and I am from warangal andhrapradesh...I have some doubts about... Asked 6/20/13, 6:46 am in India Landlord & Tenants
What are the chances for landlord to lose the eviction suit against the tenent if... Asked 6/20/13, 5:09 am in India Landlord & Tenants
Can a tenent apply for shop rennovation under section 151 of CPC during eviction... Asked 6/19/13, 6:21 am in India Landlord & Tenants