Legal Question in Legal Ethics in India


I had filed a complaint with Bar Council against 2 advocates in June 2022 for using humiliating, derogatory, insulting, attacking modesty of a woman in their official replies sent to my advocates instead of replying to my advocates straight to the point they raised in their notices to my opponent party. After 10 months the Bar Council has replied in a vague way without analyzing the complaint points and their replies which is evasive, vague and not answering my complaint points. I also did not get any proper replies from the Bar council Office when I visited to enquire the status of my complaint. Now I am intending to approach Hon Court against Bar Council. Kindly advise me the process. What is the process if I need to directly file application to the Hon Court? Whether I need to engage an advocate to represent me or I can directly represent myself though I am not law graduate?

Asked on 4/09/23, 11:14 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

It is not possible to give an opinion without going through all the documents pertaining to your case. Prima facie, it may not possible to sue bar council merely on the ground that they did not take proper action against the lawyer. However, a concrete opinion can only be given after one peruses all the documents on record and proceedings thereof.

Read more
Answered on 4/11/23, 6:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Legal Ethics & Professional Responsibility questions and answers in India