Legal Question in Legal Malpractice in India

An executive of a Bank has applied duplicate signature on some of the documents submitted to the bank for Home Loan. The verification department caught the duplicate signature and informed us. Is this forgery and can i file a case against the bank?

If yes, please let me know the procedure to follow

Asked on 1/11/14, 1:22 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rohan Nahar Nahar and associates

Yes, that would squarely fall under the forging category. You can also prosecute him for breach of trust and forgery of valuable security.

You have a couple of options. You can file a complaint with the consumer forum for deficiency of service for compensation. Along with this complaint, you can also file a complaint with the concerned police for criminal prosecution of this person. If the police fail to register a complaint, you can, after complaining to the higher police officials, prefer a private compliant before the concerned Magistrate.

Read more
Answered on 3/06/14, 9:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Legal Malpractice Law questions and answers in India