Legal Question in Personal Injury in United States

I've been beat, tortured and sexually assaulted but but I never seek personal injuries etc. I now remember causes when I get a lot of pain and such atrocities. How do I receive compensation for matters over 3 years ago on back?

Asked on 11/09/16, 2:40 am

7 Answers from Attorneys

David Lupoff Law Offices of David B. Lupoff

You might be entitled to some for of compensation, but without any details, I cannot be definitive. The very first question I have is, are you in California? If not, you need to seek counsel in your state.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 11/09/16, 6:15 am
Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

I'd say you're now probably around three years or so too late to pursue any

claims in the Commonwealth of Virginia that you're now apparently

just remembering.

Read more
Answered on 11/09/16, 7:35 am
Thomas Kenny Thomas D. Kenny, Esquire

You would have to have a good reason why you are starting a case so late.

Read more
Answered on 11/09/16, 8:18 am
Henry Repay Law Offices of Henry Repay

You may have a claim. This is too complex an area of law to be discussing things like statutes of limitations and exceptions in an online forum. Your post does not contain any information about where this happened, nor any details about your age or additional background about what occurred, which is actually for the best. Please do not add those details, but get a referral to an attorney in the state where this occurred to discuss the matter privately, preferably in a face to face consultation.

Read more
Answered on 11/09/16, 9:30 am
Stephen Harkess Colorado Legal Solutions

The answer depends on who did the abusing, what state you were abused in, and why you couldn't remember it for the past few years.

Read more
Answered on 11/09/16, 12:31 pm
Steven Meyer CPLS, P.A.

The time limit for filing a case in court is different in each state. In what state did this happen?

Read more
Answered on 11/09/16, 4:06 pm
Cedulie Laumann Arden Law Firm, LLC

While you seem to be asking about monetary compensation, the things you describe (beating, torturing and sexual assualt) are all crimes. Generally speaking the time frame for criminal prosecution does not track the time frame for seeking civil redress.

As other attorneys noted, laws vary from state to state and this does not sound like a situation that can realistically be addressed in an online post. However, you may find it helpful to check out this summary of state statute of limitation laws (it is a few years old so verify any information) Resource Center/sol-for-sexual-assault-check-chart---final---copy.pdf?sfvrsn=2

You may also find it helpful to contact the authorities in your jurisdiction.

Read more
Answered on 11/29/16, 1:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in United States