Legal Question in Personal Injury in United States

Trying to get incident report of slip and fall and video

Asked on 6/12/15, 1:52 pm

8 Answers from Attorneys

Roger Merrill Merrill & Associates

You can force it in a lawsuit. Otherwise hard to get since it is private property

Read more
Answered on 6/12/15, 1:57 pm
Samuel Edmunds Sieben Edmunds Miller PLLC

You'll want a lawyer anyway. So, get one retained now to help you obtain the information you seek.

(651) 994-6744

[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 6/12/15, 2:00 pm
Greg Baumgartner Baumgartner Law Firm

I agree- either they give it to you or you may have to file a lawsuit to obtain it. Many people send a certified letter or fax requesting the landlord, or tenant (as appropriate) to preserve the evidence and specifically any video. That might help keep the video from being destroyed "as part of the regular business practice". Although, if the video is bad for them, it frequently gets deleted or the video "malfunctioned".

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 6/12/15, 2:03 pm
Stuart DiMartini Law Offices of Stuart DiMartini

Contact a person injury lawyer. They are not going to give you a copy of an incident report.

Read more
Answered on 6/12/15, 2:11 pm
Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

If you face the 'slip injury' issue, I urge you to secure a well experienced attorney at this time. In my many years of professional experience, obtaining private video is sometimes markedly simply - other times, not so. Obtaining a formal 'Incident Report' - imo likely will require initiation of suit, subpoena.

Tricia Dwyer Esq

ph 612-296-9666

Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Minnesota Personal Injury Attorneys

Minnesota Slip Fall Injury Attorneys

Minnesota Civil Litigation Attorneys

Read more
Answered on 6/12/15, 3:14 pm
Michael Zerres Blume Forte Fried Zerres & Molinari

Thank you for your inquiry. Assuming you are the injured party making this query; it is likely you will not be able to obtain a copy of the incident report or video without counsel (unless you are on record as representing yourself, a/k/a "plaintiff pro se"). This firm has handled voluminous slip and fall matters over decades of practice, and we have a tremendous amount of experience securing items of the nature you referenced. Please call me or one of my partners if we can assist you. I look forward to speaking with you. (973)635-5400

Read more
Answered on 6/15/15, 8:49 am
John Kelly Kelly Law Team

I have had good results getting video and reports by sending an investigator over with a letter from our office requesting the items. Many companies will give us this information without much difficultly. If you do not have any attorney, you should understand that it can be difficult to obtain this information. As others have mentioned, time is important as many recorders delete the old video after a certain period of time.

Read more
Answered on 6/15/15, 1:31 pm
Robert Stephens Stephens & Stephens

Why do you want it? If it is good for you, they will not give it to you. If it is bad for you they will not give to you. They will only want to take your statement, or the injured person's statement and then deny your claim. They will never acknowledge their fault, but will sure point out how you or the injured person were at fault. They will then deny your claim. They will want a medical authorization to get your medical records, and then deny your claim. They will privately laugh when they review the video and how you or the injured person hurt himself. They will then deny your claim. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 6/19/15, 9:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in United States