Legal Question in Personal Injury in United States

Last night as I was leaving little ceasars, I opened the door and took one step and tripped over a big rubber mat that they had rolled up because it was about 30 mins from closing time. It was right in front of the door way on the outside. I did have to step over it to get in but didn't think about it again and I had two pizzas and didn't see it when I was leaving. I fell, pizzas flew all over sidewalk and I had marinara all over me. I tried catching myself and scraped my hands on concrete, jarred my elbows and hit my knees. All 3 employees rushed out to ask if I was ok and to help me up. They offered to get me new pizzas and they all just kept saying how it was someone else's fault for leaving the mat there. Today I wake up all bruised up and my elbows, back and neck are hurting pretty bad. I don't know what to do.

Asked on 4/26/15, 8:25 am

5 Answers from Attorneys

Charles Aspinwall Charles S. Aspinwall, J.D., LLC

First, seek medical attention. Second, write down everything you can remember, and have pictures taken of visible injuries. Third, get names of witnesses if you can. Finally, contact a Personal Injury attorney you know, recommended by friends, or referred by your local Bar Association.

Read more
Answered on 4/26/15, 8:49 am

I follow Mr. Aspinwall's recommendation. Once you obtain a clearer picture of your injuries, the duration and permanency, you may contact me if in NY State and we will follow up. It is a good idea to obtain a picture of the mat in front of the door where you fell.

Read more
Answered on 4/26/15, 10:19 am
Phillip D. Wheeler, Esq. Phillip D. Wheeler, Attorney At Law

Sorry, I can only practice California law but unprofessionally, I agree with the others. Good luck friend.

Read more
Answered on 4/26/15, 11:54 am
Jason Neufeld Neufeld, Kleinberg & Pinkiert, PA, a personal-injury and elder law firm

I also concur with the other responses. Seeing a doctor is of primary importance...then seek a reputable personal-injury lawyer in your area.

Read more
Answered on 4/27/15, 6:30 am
John Kelly Kelly Law Team

If you are injured, you need to get medical attention. When you have time, return to the location and get as much information as you can about the accident. Take photos, find out who was there when the accident occurred and get their names and numbers. You are trying to establish liability for the accident. You will need to find out what insurance is available to go after. To do this, the easiest way is to contact a personal injury attorney.

Read more
Answered on 4/27/15, 9:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in United States