Legal Question in Personal Injury in United States

ol to be a nurse practitioner. Another nurse , who has a history of lying about me and others, went to a physician and told him I was (or had) filed a complaint with our HR saying he is racist. This didn't happen. The doctor asked my friend, crying. I spoke to him and thought we cleared everything up. A different MD approached me yesterday asking why I did this. The problem is I was planning on working with this physician group after I graduate. This is questionable now. These claims were all false. Do I have grounds for slander ? It's affecting my current and potentially future work relationships with these physicians.

Asked on 8/09/16, 6:32 am

4 Answers from Attorneys

You might have a case. You can either file suit yourself or hire an attorney to do so on your behalf to vindicate your rights. Best luck. JBS

Read more
Answered on 8/09/16, 6:37 am
Jason Neufeld Neufeld, Kleinberg & Pinkiert, PA, a personal-injury and elder law firm

These are really difficult cases to prove. You have to prove that, because of the slanderous statement,s you have or are certain to suffer damages (i.e. lost income in losing the job opportunity). You would likely need to hire an attorney and pay them on an hourly basis to pursue this matter. This will rarely make financial sense to you (i.e. you may pay lawyers more than your case is worth). But, if you want to pursue justice, then there is some value in that. There is certainly no harm in searching for a local defamation attorney to discuss your options - I encourage you to do so. Good luck to you.

Read more
Answered on 8/09/16, 6:46 am
Sher Baz Ali Sameja, Mughal & Meo-The Law Firm

You have a case. You can file suit to vindicate your rights.

Read more
Answered on 8/09/16, 9:32 am
Kenneth Wilk Rubino Ruman Crosmer & Polen

It's very difficult to prevail a slander case.

Read more
Answered on 8/09/16, 8:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in United States