Legal Question in Real Estate Law in

I am an associate member of a flat brought by my father in Mumbai in 1978. In 2001 both my parents after retirement moved to their native place and I am staying in the flat since then. My father is terminally ill with imbobility problem so I wish to move with my father to be at his bedside. Hence my father wants me to dispose off the flat on his behalf with proceeds to be paid in his name. I also have a younger sister, who resides in Mumbai and is married.

Kindly let me know how to proceed.

Asked on 2/18/11, 10:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sanjay Kalra Sanjay Kalra & Associates

You are the owner of the flat though your father bought you this flat but according to Benami Transaction Act you became the owner . you can do whatever you want to do with your flat.

Read more
Answered on 3/07/11, 8:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in