Legal Question in Real Estate Law in India

I have bought a flat in resale in kharghar , navi mumbai. registration is done , all payment have done. But the man is absconding & not done the sale deed & given the power of attorney to his wife & daughter. The civil case is going on, but i want to file FIR for cheating against all of them, the man his wife & daughter. But police are denying saying that it is a civil matter & since the civil case is going on police cant investigate. Is it so? please advice.

Asked on 7/25/13, 11:49 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

If you are already in possession of the flat, have all the payment receipts for settlement of the purchase consideration to the previous owner, and the registration papers transferring the title of the flat from the previous owner in your name, there are no issues. Do not waste your time with the Police. Look ahead and if there are 10 members in the building that you reside in, you should form and register a co-operative housing society of all the owners and get a Share Certificate of the Society in your name to strengthen your title and ownership of the flat. (Reply No. 508-July, 2013).


Read more
Answered on 7/26/13, 12:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in India