Legal Question in Real Estate Law in India

I have bought a house in Hyderabad, AP, India and got the allotment letter for it 3 years back. I have not yet signed the Agreement of Sale. Now i intend to sell it to a 3rd party and the builder is denying the transfer. And in case i get into a agreement with the 3rd party, can he avail of the housing loan. Pls guide.

Asked on 9/04/13, 3:11 am

4 Answers from Attorneys

it is difficult. You can only sell what you own. Better to get your rights transferred to the third party with the consent of the builder.

Read more
Answered on 9/04/13, 3:17 am

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

Just having the allotment letter does not imply ownership. You will have to register the title of the house in your name first, and only then sell it to another person. I do not envisage that the person will get a housing loan without the registration of the title in your name.


Read more
Answered on 9/04/13, 5:24 am
KarVai Legal Solutions Rajiv Gupta 9811284735 Ch.No: 359, Western Wing, Tis Hazari, Delhi

your title to the property is not clear as the same is not registered.

Thanks and Regards

Adv. Rajiv

Read more
Answered on 9/04/13, 8:50 am

dear client...

Contact me at [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 9/04/13, 11:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in India