We are two brothers, and our aunts are threatening us to sue us for rights on ancestral agriculture property.
Here are the details:
1. We are in Telengana state.
2. Its ancestral agricultural property.
3. Before us the land was on our grandfather's name. He got it from his father.
4. Our grandfather willfully transferred the land to us (grandsons) and my father had no objection to it.
5. The land was registered to us in May 2005. Since then we are the owners and are in passion of the land.
6. My grandfather died in Oct 2006 and subsequently my father in 2019.
Now our 3 of our aunts are sighting The Hindu Succession Act (2005) and threatening us to unnecessarily put the property in court and extract money from us.
1 Answer from Attorneys
Your aunt's have also rights to get share in the ancestral property but if you would not like to do so you have to give your represention in the court appropriately.
Related Questions & Answers
We are in Punjab, and in our area, all houses are built with common walls with... Asked 12/01/20, 2:45 am in India Real Estate and Real Property