Legal Question in Real Estate Law in India

My dad have a mig dda flat in delhi. Before he expired, he have made a will in the favor of his son, however the will is not registered. The other legal heirs are now creating problems in the mutation process. Can any one advise what can be done in such a situation.

Asked on 6/29/13, 10:02 am

4 Answers from Attorneys

Setu Niket Curare Legal

Since the family is objecting to mutation, it is recommended that a Petition for grant of probate of the will is made in the court. Unregistered will doesnt mean that you cannot mutate the property in your favour.

Feel free to contact at 9873109672 for further assistance.

Kind Regards

Setu Niket



Read more
Answered on 6/29/13, 10:05 am

Yash Kumar Yash Kumar & Co.

Dear Sir,

The law of will is very different and for validation of will it need not be registered because it is proved by witnesses. You have to file a petition for Grant of Probate before the District Judge then you can mutate the property in your name.

For further assistance please contact 08750228171.


Read more
Answered on 6/29/13, 11:28 am
KarVai Legal Solutions Rajiv Gupta 9811284735 Ch.No: 359, Western Wing, Tis Hazari, Delhi

a petition for probate can be filed even if the will is not registered.

Read more
Answered on 6/30/13, 11:43 pm
Jayesh Desai Jayesh Desai

Get the Will probated. Registration is not necessary for a Will.

Read more
Answered on 7/01/13, 12:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in India