Legal Question in Real Estate Law in India

Dear Sir/ Madam

Does a decree /order for conveyance of land to Society need to be engrossed on Non Judicial Stamp Paper. Case was for relief against specific performance against Land Owner and Developer by Housing Society. The Society has used this un-engrossed order to get Property Card Registration done. along with Conveyance deed signed by Court Commissioner. This Conveyance deed proper Stamp Duty has not been paid. 1 flat and unused FSI of the Society. what are the repercussions as I want to stall them in their Redevelopment Project involving land Grab. They have utilised 3900 sq. ft. of my Land. How can I ensure that they get penalised to the fullest extent for evasion of Stamp Duty?

Asked on 8/25/15, 12:53 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jayesh Desai Jayesh Desai

Under the Indian Registration Act, any document which purports to create a right title or interest in Immovable property of Rs. 100/- or more needs to be compulsorily registered. And for such registration Stamp Duty is also must. File a complaint with collector of Stamps in your local area.

Read more
Answered on 9/01/15, 3:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in India