Legal Question in Real Estate Law in India

Dear sir, My uncle is a tenant for a very small tiled covering 0.5cent house for more than 50years and he got the EB connection and the bill is in his name till now and the owner collected the rent for nearly 10 years and borrowed money installmentally and instead of returning he promised to register the house in my uncles name and balance amount he would return later. But in a day or two he died and no one was there to discus or claim. Mean while my uncle was also dead 30years back. Now cousin is continuing in the house. Now the area comes under corporation. Hence please guide us to own the property legally. (we have rent receipts for few period 30yrs back and eb bill receipt till date ) ...Venkat

Asked on 9/19/19, 2:34 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ajesh Anand Ajesh Anand

Your cousin must firstly get his name on the municipal records as occupier /tenant.

Do you have a record and proof of payment of money lent to the landlord.

Are there legal heirs of the landlord.

Please give complete information then any line of action can be suggested for your cousin.

My contact details are 9451947877 call after 5.00 pm

Read more
Answered on 9/19/19, 6:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in India