Legal Question in Real Estate Law in India

my father was farming a land as a tenon his name was muted since 1964 as a tenon & sending rent to the landlord. & after his death in 1990 my & brothers name was muted as a tenon . in 2003 my brother deleted my name with the help of concern officer without any document evidence [got the information from RTI ] & in 2009 sold the land . NOW THE NEW OWNER IS CONSTRUCTING TO ESCAPE FROM THIS SITUATION . MY BROTHER HAD BAD RELATION WITH MY FATHER SO MOST OF RENT RECEIPT ARE WITH ME. CAN I GET STAY TO THAT BUILDING , IF YES ON WHAT GROUND PLEASE GUIDE ME

Asked on 6/22/13, 10:08 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

You should be careful since the new owner may be taken adequate precautions before commencing the construction on the land like conducting a title verification and obtaining the Surveyor's Certificate. Merely having the rent receipts may not help to bring about a stay on the construction since they are two separate issues.


Read more
Answered on 6/22/13, 8:34 pm

Shrichand Nahar S.V.Nahar, Advocate

May be.

Ground depends on the facts, circumstances and documents in the matter.

Read more
Answered on 6/22/13, 11:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in India