Legal Question in Real Estate Law in

I have a flat in NOIDA. Against this flat i received a token money of Rs. 1 lac and issued a receipt on plain paper stating that I have received Rs. 1 lac as sale consideration and balance Rs. 46 lacs left, no other term and condition is mentioned on the receipt. This flat is in joint name and i am a second applicant, the deal was made by me. Now my wife who is first applicant does not agree for such deal and now I want to cancel the deal and refund the token amount to buyer but he is not ready to cancel the deal. What can i do now

Asked on 2/13/11, 10:10 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sanjay Kalra Sanjay Kalra & Associates

The document executed by you should not constitute an enforceable agreement . Since there was on authority with you from your wife to sell,you could not sell and if you could , you could at best your half share. In the circumstances i dont think the opposite side can enforce the agreement.

Read more
Answered on 2/14/11, 2:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in