Legal Question in Real Estate Law in India

My grandfather had divided all his property before death. My uncle's and our family were living n same house. My grandfather stayed with ua at ground floor and my uncle's family on the upper floor. And the ownership of house in which we all are living is transferred to me. After the death my uncle does not behave good with us and we asked to leave our property. But they are not leaving the house and harass us everyday. How to get rid of it?

Asked on 5/11/20, 10:06 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Vishwa Arya Arya & Co.

Legally speaking, since the ownership is in your name, your uncle had been staying in the house as your licencee. You have to terminate his licence giving him notice of termination and also calling upon him to vacate the house from the date of termination, which you choose and write in the notice. You may also alarm him in the same notice that in case he does not vacate he would be liable to pay a certain sum as damages/user & Occupational charges/mesne profit.

Read more
Answered on 5/11/20, 7:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in India