Legal Question in Real Estate Law in India

The grandfather's will (not the original) claimed that he had left everything in his possession to his eldest daughter specifically excluding his son and the son's family who had been living with the old man since as far back as 1980's. The eldest daughter has taken into possession all the family documents including some independent property papers which belong to the son.

Is there a law that requires the will to be more 'sophisticated' than just a couple of typed lines with a signature? If not then is that document the final word on the given property? Also, can the eldest daughter be legally compelled to release the original will and other papers?

Asked on 11/28/13, 8:55 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Setu Niket Curare Legal

You can claim the respective share if the original will is not produced. Will is usually probated in the court. Other claimants can oppose the same.

If other heirs doubt the will they can claim their respective share.

Feel free to contact for further assistance.

Kind regards

Setu niket



Read more
Answered on 11/28/13, 9:29 am

dear client....

you can challenge the WILL...

as the WILL must have witness for any query you may contact me at [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 3/29/14, 5:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in India