Legal Question in Real Estate Law in India

my husband has bought a flat in his name. But both of us share the EMI equally. Also I have shared the down payment. If I ever get separated from him will I be entitled to get share of that property but it is not registered in my name.

Asked on 8/05/13, 11:43 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Madam,

If you separate from your husband anytime in future, you will only get the prevailing Monthly Maintenance Allowance (MMA) as decided by the Court. You will never ever get any share in your husband's property ... because then all girls will marry just for the sake of property and then opt for divorce. Reality is different from wild imagination. Be wise and revise (your thought process).


Read more
Answered on 8/06/13, 7:58 am

Jayesh Desai Jayesh Desai

Yes, you can - provided you can prove that you have shared the responsibility to pay the installments.

Read more
Answered on 8/29/13, 7:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in India