Legal Question in Real Estate Law in India

Myself Praveen Mech engr in MNC. Few days back i given the advance 60000Rs thru cheque to my neighbour for purchase his relative used car.But after seeing car not in good condition and aked him to return advance.Now he refusing.Ask your help how can take action as legal.Request your advise plese.

Asked on 9/13/13, 12:53 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Praveen,

As I read it, you have given a loan to the neighbour to enable him to purchase an used car from his relative. If yes, you should only be concerned with the return of your money by the neighbour and not the car. If the neighbour refuses to return back your money, Police action is recommended. But if you authorized the neigbour to purchase a second hand car on your behalf and paid him the advance for the car, you cannot subsequently refuse to accept the car under the pretext that it is not in good condition. In this case, the neighbour is not legally bound to return back your money. You will have to take the car and live with it.


Read more
Answered on 9/13/13, 1:43 am

anil kumar legal aid forum

U can meet me to discuss the issue

Read more
Answered on 9/13/13, 2:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in India