Legal Question in Real Estate Law in India

I have a Property with my mother name and she is expired before 10 years .The original documents are with my uncle and now he is demanding money to handover the original papers and change to my name . What legal action can be taken against him ?

Asked on 6/14/13, 10:30 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

dear client..

need not be worried get the duplicate copy of the said documents and get the name changed... no need to give any money to ur uncle..

for any query mail me at [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 6/15/13, 12:44 am

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

If your mother has Willed the property to you, your uncle is just the custodian of the original documents. If your uncle refuses to handover the originals, you can get certified true copies of the property documents from the Registrar, and thereafter obtain a Probate from the Court as the beneficiary of your mother's Will to get the property transferred in your name.


Read more
Answered on 6/15/13, 5:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in India