Legal Question in Real Estate Law in India

Respected sir,

. My living grandfather owns a 1kanal house in Chandigarh. He has 2 sons and 2 daughters. My father, the younger son of my grandfather died of kidney disease back in 2011. Now my mother is also suffering from the same disease from almost a year. We are two brothers, i am 21yrs old and my younger sibling is about to complete 18 in this December. Can we demand our share in the above said property through court.My grandmother died wayback before the marriage of my parents. Please help sir the three of us are suffering.

Asked on 8/28/13, 10:46 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Vivek Mapara Vivek N. Mapara

You have no right to claim any share in the property of your grandfather during his life time. It is his personal property, he can dispose off the same the way he wants. You have no locus standi. You cannot demand any share in the property of your grandfather.

Read more
Answered on 8/28/13, 1:29 pm

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

You need not drag the matter to the Court, since the Court cannot do anything. All you need to do is to sweetly persuade your grandfather to register a Gift Deed of the property in your names.


Read more
Answered on 8/28/13, 9:15 pm

dear client...

rather then going to court its better to settle the matter amicable for any query contact me at [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 8/28/13, 11:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in India