Legal Question in Real Estate Law in India

SIR, i live in pagadi system room since 1985. and its a nearly 50 years old blg. Two days ago we all tenants received a notice frm BMC to pull down a blg. and we should leave within 30 days. our owner is not taking a rent from 3-4 years actually avoiding it from all tenants. we tried to send him postal money order 3 to 4 times but he refused it. we havent received any notice from owner regarding pending of rent.

Now the thing is that i dont have any other option to live. and BMC is forcing us to leave the blg. and i think our owner is trying to trap or fool us to get all the property. we all have agreements made between 1960-2000 on single paper with his signature. will i loose my room after leaving it? i am going through very difficult situations. sir please help marathi common man so that i can keep proper rights on my room.

if you want to contact private email me on [email protected]


akshay sankhe

Asked on 6/23/13, 11:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Akshay,

If your building is in a dilapidated condition, you first need to protect yourself and your family by seeking an alternative accommodation. To protect your legal rights in the existing building, all the tenants who have resided in the building from 1960 - 2000 should handover a notice to the landlord, that should the building be redeveloped, your rights in the redeveloped building will be restored without prejudice.


Read more
Answered on 6/24/13, 3:23 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in India