Legal Question in Real Estate Law in India


My son in law is a NRI .He wants to purchase a half built house from his brother. The site is at Dharwad [Karnataka]

Please guide in the following matters.

1] Whether his brother can transfer the property rights to him through a transfer deed.

2] The building construction is in progress, his brother has availed a loan from Canara Bank, and my son in law he too wants

the loan .What procedure is to be followed.

Asked on 5/06/13, 6:35 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

1. Yes, with the prior consent of Canara Bank who have given the housing loan.

2. The procedure as is laid down by Canara Bank is required to be followed.


Read more
Answered on 5/06/13, 6:38 am

Shrichand Nahar S.V.Nahar, Advocate

1. May be.

2. As required by Bank giving loan.

Read more
Answered on 5/06/13, 11:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in India