Legal Question in Real Estate Law in India

The transfer fee for the purchase/sale of flat in Mumbai has been fixed to

Rs. 15000-. My friend sold a flat in Andheri west and the society has exhorted Rs. 400,000/to transfer the flat. This being illegal, should attract the refund through some means. How should he proceed. The cost of engaging a lawyer would be tremendous. Is there an easier way.

C K Malhan

Asked on 9/07/13, 10:03 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

dear client....

Do contact me at [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 9/08/13, 2:49 am

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear C K Malhan,

The transfer fees payable to the Society for transfer of a flat is Rs. 25,000/- (Rupees Twenty Five Thousand Only) payable half by the seller and half by the buyer, in virtually all the registered Societies in Maharashtra. Your friend should write a letter to the Society to refund the excess transfer fees charged and if the Society fails to refund the excess charged, he / she should forward the complaint to the Registrar for intervention and action.


Read more
Answered on 9/08/13, 8:23 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in India