Legal Question in Real Estate Law in India

There is this woman who is living in a house that is owned by her mother-in-law. Her husband disappeared and her children do not live with her anymore. Now her mother-in-law wants to put her out of the house. I would like to find a law that can protect this woman, if there is any. Where should I search?

Asked on 5/07/13, 1:53 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

shiv shakner saini saini law

this should call me at 09587744142

Read more
Answered on 5/07/13, 1:57 am

Vishwa Arya Arya & Co.

There are conflicting view points of courts of different states. Under the Domestic Violence Act she has a right of residence in a house belonging to her husband or in which her husband has a share. Here, in this case, house belongs to mother in law. However, some courts have extended the shared household to mean to include matrimonial home. That is your only chance to help her.

Read more
Answered on 5/07/13, 2:28 am
Jayesh Desai Jayesh Desai

She can seek maintenance from her children, she may not be able to fight against her Mother-in-law, there are conflicting judgements on this.

Read more
Answered on 5/11/13, 5:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in India