Legal Question in Securities Law in India


i want to know if theres a joint account of 3 individuals holding shares in a particular account . if there a dispute among the three can any one holder with a legal notice freeze the account or is it so that the first holder is the primary holder and only he has the right to freeze the account and not the remaining 2 , i want to know this specifically for demat account were shares are held and not for a bank account

Asked on 10/11/13, 12:13 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896

Any joint holder can have the account freezed by sending awritten complaint to the DP You may also drop a detailed query at [email protected]

To know us better, please click on the links below:


Read more
Answered on 10/11/13, 10:29 pm
Rajiv Gupta +91 9811284735 KarVai Legal Solutions

Any of the holders may do so.

Read more
Answered on 10/14/13, 5:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Securities Law questions and answers in India