Legal Question in Sexual Harassment in India

Dear sir/mam,

                i wanted to ask you is ther any law against mental haraasment in ipl,i hav an affair with a gal we used to share a good friendship than v got mutually separated as i got busy in my job & struggle but that gal keep on putting pressure on me for marriage,she & her parents keep on coming to my house & try to pressurise me to marry her,they keep on filing false police reports & accusing me of explotation,that girl is putting false sexual charges  on me,although during investigation police havnt found anything still that gal is sending me  threatning mails & pressuring me to marry her,now itz been six years, every year on any festivity(diwali or my birthday) she do drama in our police station & send them to arrest me,she abuses me & my family & threats us by filing court case against me.whenevr i ask police they said our law has given enough power to gals for spoiling any guy life & gals gonna listen everywhre.she even threats me that she'll do sucide & put my name in her sucide note.. sir i havnt spoken to her from past 4 years still she follows me whrever i work & do drama outside my workplace,i have resigned so many times coz of that humilation.she always said her aim is to make my life hell....

i am not very rich guy,despite of being a son of ips officer i havent jump a traffic redlite even,ours is a well respected family,i hav never done anything which is against law or moral values, i wanted to know about the legal actions i can take or do i need to live rest of my life in her threats only jus becoz shez a gal means she has a permit to exploit any innocent guy... sir i have passed through a lot of humilation & mental trauma till now i need ur help please show me the way.... i beg with a folded hands in front of you... pls pls help me as i cant even end my life coz i hav to look after my mother...

Asked on 7/08/13, 1:03 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Yash Kumar Yash Kumar & Co.

Dear Sir,

You can file a civil case for permanent injunction restraining her or her family members to interfere with you in your daily life.

For further assistance you may contact me on 08750228171.


Read more
Answered on 7/08/13, 10:57 am

Sudershan Goel Sudershan Goel - Advocate, International Visiting Scholar, USA [2008-10]

You need to ascertain by introspection the extent of "affair" you had with the girl in question. If it was not of the level of a "live-in" relationship, you may seek an injunction against her. The police cannot be repetitive in its action year after year.

Read more
Answered on 7/08/13, 6:06 pm
KarVai Legal Solutions Rajiv Gupta 9811284735 Ch.No: 359, Western Wing, Tis Hazari, Delhi

you can meet a lawyer in person and discuss you concern.

thanks and regards

Adv. Rajiv

Read more
Answered on 7/08/13, 10:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Sexual Harassment Law questions and answers in India