Legal Question in Sexual Harassment in India

Terminate me because i lodged sexual harassment,and than reinstate after appeal

hello to all legal expert. in the month of march 2013 i lodged a sexual harassment complaint against my director as he is harassing me since a long time on one pretext and other. regarding this university did not setup comittee according to the guidlines given by supreme court of india. regarding this without doing any investigation comittee decided that its not a case of sexu. harassment. after three day of this decision managment trminat me without giving any notice or reason.i lodged FIR and filed W.P. in Suprem court and appeared as In-person. SC directed that first go to Chancellor of Uni. if necessary go high court. i followed this order and appeal to chancellor. chancellor quashed the termination order and directed them to reinstate me.but not mentioned anything about arrear of back wages (6 months) and with this he also passed an order that constitute a Anty Sexu. Haras. comittee for finding. and done process within two month.

my quiry is that the head of the anty sexu. harassment comittee and some other member allready given their statement that i am doing drama and taking benifits of recently passed sexual harassment act 2013. means they are doing favor and involved with the respondent. i wont participat this inquiry because i can not believe on employer as they breach my trust 2 time. and this metter is out side from university. as FIR is registerd and police going to their Final report to the court.

therefore my pint is that

1. can i deny to participate in inquiry of the comittee.

2. if i deny than can employer force me to join the enquiry. because they trying to safe side to respondent and pretending that now they are doing fair investigation.

3. can i say them about my arrears of six month salary or back wages before re-joining.

4. if i not terminated i would be assistant profesor in university because i was completing five year in university in next month of august.can i say about this benifits.

5. so kindly tell me should i join this inquiry or not. and what will be the losses or benifits if i deny or accept this.



Sister/ Daughter

Asked on 11/29/13, 3:22 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Aileen Marques Independent

You may send a complaint about the statements that the members have made and your reasons for not participating in the committee.

Read more
Answered on 11/30/13, 5:03 am
Rajiv Gupta +91 9811284735 KarVai Legal Solutions

It is advisable to join the inquiry as denial to do so the same might go against you

Read more
Answered on 12/02/13, 12:44 am

better to join or approach VC of your university with a prayer to appoint any other committee as you have no faith on these people sitting in present committee.

Good luck


[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 12/03/13, 10:38 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Sexual Harassment Law questions and answers in India