Legal Question in Tax Law in India

Sub: Suggestion for Rectification in E-Challan no-51196 dt-30/03/2013

Ref:CENTRAL EXCISE RC NO- AAICS7644DXM001 Dt-07/03/2005

Dear Sir/Madam

On dt-30th Mar 2013, we have made online e-payment of central excise duty vide Challan no-51196 from BSR Code-0301054 at 14:44 of Rs.41,20,000/-, but by clerical mistake, the payment of Basic amount(00380003) has been entered into Secondary & Higher Edu.cess (00380115) of Rs.40,00,0000/-, viz a viz the payment of Primary Education cess(00380111) of Rs.80,000/- has been entered into Basic Excise Duty a/c (00380003),the reason behind is that during payment, the PNB BANK PORTAL had shown input table as first the Head of Secondary & High.Edu.Cess and then secondly asked to input Basic Duty & finally asked to input Primary Edu.cess amount but due to our routine habit of taxation, by mistake we have given basic amount into first line & subsequently all Primary & H.Cess was made, therefore we need your assistance regarding this matter that how the above rectification can be made as the local Deputy Commissioner, Division:Chandrapur & Superintendent Range II, Chandrapur have shown helpless in rectification so then to whom we may contact.

Waiting for your kind suggestion


For Shree Sidhbali Ispat Ltd

Dheeraj Sharma

C-2 & C-3, MIDC Industrial Area,

Tadali Growth Center,

District- Chandrapur,


Format of PNB E-challan -

Asked on 4/18/13, 11:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jeevesh Mehta (Advocate) (Ph Maven Legal- Advocates & Consultants

Dear Mr Dheeraj,

Kindly check the two figures i.e 4121000 and 40000000/- .

If the the total amount payable is the same but the payment done under different heads then there is no problem. But in case of cenvat credit purpose , I think you must write to Assistant Commerssioner of your division as well as range as an information of the mistake and asking for the recourse.

For more clarifications and doubts on Excise, Customs , Service Tax , VAT you may write to us on [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 4/22/13, 10:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in India