Legal Question in Traffic Law in India

I hit a car at the right rear door (minor scratches) when I was taking right at a junction. I was at a speed of less than 10kmph. I was in a hurry for a meeting hence I got down and gave my mobile number to the other car owner. Now he's asking me compensation involving police. I have comprehensive insurance for my car. Please advise as to whether I will have any personal liability or he can claim from his insurance company?

Asked on 10/21/13, 8:10 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rajiv Gupta +91 9811284735 KarVai Legal Solutions

In case he files a claim under motor vehicle act u can implead your insurance party and evade the claim The other party can also file a criminal case for negligent driving.

Read more
Answered on 10/22/13, 3:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in India