Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in India

Dear Sir,

Please help in providing answer for the following queries

Q1 Is probation of will compulsory in Haryana ?

Q2 My Grandfather purchased a property which was gifted and registered in my fatherís name while my father was alive. Need to know if my father can make a will of that property in my name (We are three brothers) ?

Q3 I purchased a house with my self owned money and before my death I get the same registered in my wifeís name .I have two sons .Can my wife bequeath the said house on the name of my only one son?

Q4 My grandfather purchased a property and gave that property to my father through will . Need to know if my father can make a will of that property in my name only.(We are three brothers) ?

Asked on 8/26/13, 12:47 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

The law is the same across the whole of India.

A1. A Will has to be backed by a Probate from the Court in Haryana;

A2. Yes, since your father has the title to the property, he is legally entitled to register a gift deed of the property to you;

A3. Yes, if she bears the title of the property, she is legally entitled to bequeath the property in the name of only one son;

A4. Yes, your father can make a Will of the property in your name.


Read more
Answered on 8/26/13, 8:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in India